Friday, July 12, 2013

My 5 Favorite Video Games

     This list will probably be really ill-written, and containing games that nobody likes. That is because despite the fact that I am making this list, I have had very few instances where I've actually owned a console and played games for it. 

     That being said, a lot of these will just be games I played over at friends' houses.

     Yeah, I'm a cheep-o like that.

My 5 Favorite Video Games

1. Legend of Zelda

     The very first time I was introduced to Legend of Zelda was for a very brief period when my family owned a GameCube, and I watched my dad play. A couple years later, we owned a GameBoy Advanced SP, which for those of you who don't know, was basically a Nintendo DS with one screen, no pen. 

     For that particular relic, we owned a copy of an apparently little-known Zelda game, The Minish Cap. I played through that game so many times that I think, subconsciously, I was continuously trying to shorten the amount of time it took me to completely beat the game. I think I whittled it down to half an hour at one point in time.

2. Final Fantasy

     After that GameBoy got busted, eventually we owned a PSP. I will admit, I really like that thing. We had a couple games for it, one being Daxter. It was alright, but I didn't focus on it too much.

     However, for it we had Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core. To this day, I'm not sure if it actually counted as a Final Fantasy game, but it was pretty cool. It was one of the only games we had that felt like an actual game.

     A couple years later, we had an XBox 360. One of the first games we purchased for it was Final Fantasy XIII. Since it had been several years prior that I was actually good at the series and its gameplay, I proved to be a pretty sucky return-gamer. 

3. Ratchet and Clank

     We also had Ratchet and Clank for the beloved PSP. Like The Minish Cap, I played this one through until my eyes bled. And then some. I felt like a beast at the game, even though now I can't really remember which one it was...

4. Lego Stuffs

     I've said this enough times for it to become annoying, but I'm a child at heart. I have started to "ween" myself, if you will, from enjoying myself with the Lego genre of games. But, for a long time I really did enjoy every single one of them. Now they're just kind of repetitive. But maybe I'm wrong. (That's an invitation to tell me so.)

5. Rock Band/Guitar Hero

     You enthusiasts might tell me that there is a huge difference between the two games, that Rock Band is just a rip off, blah blah blah. I apologize, but it's "still rock and roll to me." Heh heh. Billy Joel.

     To, it's all the same. You pick up a simplified instrument, and then have at it. I don't suck, but I'm also not any where near awesome, which explains why nobody wants to play it with me... *sigh*

     Alright, as always, leave a comment below. You could tell me some of your favorite video games, maybe. Or maybe not. You can take your pick. You could also tell me how awful my choices were! That could work to. 

No comments :

Post a Comment