Friday, June 7, 2013

Don't Go

     About two, two-and-a-half months ago, I became introduced and addicted to Doctor Who. I'm not overly obsessed, however. By this I mean that I'm not one of those people that watches a whole season in three days. I get through an episode any time I can though.

     I've been trying to get through season four for some time now. I took it more slowly than the previous seasons though, because I have whovian friends. Because they don't know how to keep their mouths shut, I knew more than I wanted to know. For example, I knew the season finale would center around four knocks,  that Donna Noble would be gone, and that David Tennant was leaving.

David.
Is.
The.
BEST.

     Yes, I appreciated Christopher Eccleston and how he started the series. I also know that Matt Smith is pretty good, according to what people have told me (without permission). But David Tennant has been my rock for three seasons now, and I didn't want him to go! Goodness gracious.

     For the last 4+ "episodes" (baby movies) of the season, all that was in my mind was the fact that Dave was going to leave. He was going to die, I was going to be sad, and he was leaving.

     He SPOKE to me.

     As I was having my internal discussion about how much David needs to stay, I just thought "Do you even want to stay?" The very next second, in the episode itself, David said "I don't want to leave."

     Holy freaking crap. I don't even care if the two events were unrelated, he spoke to ME. Me. Mitch friggin' McKinney.

     That night, I fell asleep in a spiraling depression of confusion, as I tried to figure out what I was going to do with myself now that David is gone....


     Keep watching the show. Lulz.

1 comment :

  1. I may not watch that much Dr.Who but I can agree 2 1 thing.DAVID IS A FLIPPEN BEAST!!!

    ReplyDelete